At Sanders School we recognise the importance of working with students to ensure they are provided with a CEIAG programme which will equip them with the skills required to follow their chosen career pathway. The focus is on career and option choice, raising aspirations and achievement of individual students and equipping them with the skills, attributes, knowledge and understanding required to manage their own career progress. We are also endeavour to meet all 8 Gatsby Benchmarks by the end of 2020.
The Careers Lead, Mrs M Shread (email: email@example.com), oversees the Career's Programme. The overarching objective is to give students access to a stable careers education programme which will:
- Promote employability skills
- Give an understanding of education, training, employment and apprenticeship routes
- Explore individual post 16 options
- Provide opportunities for day trips to colleges & universities
- Provide employer talks within school
- Give advice on building a CV and practising interview techniques