We are part of the Success for All Educational Trust with Redden Court School and Royal Liberty School. As an employee you will be covered by our excellent well-being support and medical cover programme through the School Advisory Service (SAS).
Sanders School is a small mixed comprehensive school for 11-16 year olds, located in Hornchurch and rich in history. We pride ourselves on our strong sense of community, the family feel of our school and are driven by our values of Teamwork, Hard work and Transparency
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT with sign language skills
Permanent Grade 3
30 hours per week x 39 weeks per year.
Required for September start
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join our very successful SEND department.
You will be working closely with the Director of Inclusion ensuring the students have a positive learning experience and supporting them to achieve their best outcomes.
Are you able to:
• Lead on interventions put into place by the Director of Inclusion
• Support young adults with their learning
• Demonstrate empathy and understanding for students with additional needs
• To work as part of a team
• Support learning in the classroom
• Take active responsibility for improving standards of behaviour and attitudes to learning
• Act as a positive and proactive role model; inspiring others through your own exemplary practice
The successful candidate must also be able to use British Sign Language to work in the classroom with deaf students
If so, we would love to receive your application.
Please submit an application form outlining how your recent experience and personal qualities will enable you to meet the demands of the role. You should refer to the job description for this post when evidencing your suitability.
School tour available
(to book your place please email email@example.com)
Closing date: Tuesday 16th July 2019
Interviews: Thursday 18th July 2019
If you are interesting in working at Sanders in the future please send your relevant CV to firstname.lastname@example.org